ein 2000. Mumbulla Foundation has a long and proud history of supporting community grants and education in the Bega Valley, contributing over $1.4 million into our community over the last twenty one years. We are now launching a new funding initiative for our community organisations.
BV100 Bega Valley Impact Fund
Mumbulla Foundation is THE unaligned Community Foundation of the Bega Valley. Founded What is BV100?
Bega Valley BV100 Impact Fund is a collective giving group providing high-impact grants to local, Bega Valley not-for-profit (NFP) organisations to run transformational initiatives.
Our grant strategy includes making one or two Primary Grants of up to a total of $60,000 each year.
We will allocate funds via a competitive application process. Applicants will demonstrate the potential for high impact with a Primary Grant.
How does it work?
Bega Valley BV100 Impact Fund is a simple model that democratises philanthropy. Our grants will go to grassroots not-for-profits and social enterprises with a big ideas and great potential to bring significant change or benefit to the social wellbeing of the Bega Valley.
In simple terms, 100+ members donate $1,000 each (or more).
The majority of the funds donated (60%) will be pooled to support high impact grants.
The balance of the funds will be used to support our community grants program (in partnership with Bega Valley Shire Council), our scholarship program with University of Wollongong Bega, and our Back-to-School voucher program (in partnership with the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal).
Mumbulla Foundation will call for submissions from eligible organisation in the Bega Valley, and work with them to provide a robust application. We will then organise and support short-listed applicants to make a presentation of their idea to a panel of BV100 fund members.
Each member will have one vote per $1,000 donation to decide where to give the High Impact Grants.
Mumbulla Foundation will stay in touch with the successful major applicants, to provide regular updates to members. We will also work with unsuccessful applicants to try to identify alternative funding sources.
All Donations are fully tax-deductible.
Mumbulla Foundation is entirely volunteer run, and 100% of your membership goes to fund transformational grants to local not-for-profits and to support our continuing community activities.
Everyone is welcome to join. All you need to do is make one financial contribution to ensure we have the funds available to distribute at the end of every year!
The Bega Valley Impact Fund model solves the problems holding many back from giving – where do I start, how do I know where my money is going and how do I know my donation is making an impact?
- Join a like-minded, community driven group of extraordinary people who want to have a social impact beyond what they could achieve alone.
- Give strategically and know how your donation is being spent and making a difference.
- Participate in the grant-making process and develop a greater understanding of the community’s challenges and needs.
- Take part in powerful philanthropy.
The key objective will be to support initiatives that aim to meet the following objectives:
- Make a significant and measurable difference to an under-served cause or population in the Bega Valley.
- Address a specific need, for a specific duration and achieve specific measurable outcomes.
Priority will be given to:
- Initiatives that deliver widespread outcomes.
- Lesser-known, smaller, Bega Valley based NFP organisations, including those supporting our First Peoples.
Applications will be invited for any one of the following focus areas:
- Arts & Culture – Initiatives that cultivate, develop, and enhance the cultural and artistic climate in the Bega Valley.
- Education – Initiatives that provide learning opportunities or improve access to education for children and/or adults in the Bega Valley.
- Environment – Initiatives that restore, preserve, revitalise or enhance the natural or recreational environment of the Bega Valley.
- Health & Wellness – Initiatives that positively impact the mental and/or physical wellbeing of people in the Bega Valley.
- Family & Community – Initiatives that strengthen and enhance the lives of children, families, and communities in the Bega Valley.
Please get in touch if you would like to help make a difference
Michael (Mick) Pryke
0401 988 276
Connect with us
Follow us on Facebook click here